Read the article and respond to the questions on your blog:
1. What is the difference between craft and art?
- The western definition of old craft means that it fits a specific template. One example is, all sketches must look realistic or all paintings must be of nature. There is never a 'challenge' when it comes to making a craft. It's like diving off a low board and finishing the race first. It's expected to finish the race first because you set yourself up for something easy. The Eastern definition of art is that it carries a certain tradition and is influenced by multiple peoples work. This also means that art carries a specific theme that was taken from another artist who created it.
- 2. What do the authors mean when they refer to artist habits as a style? What is your style as an artist?
- Everyone creates their own "habits" when making art. By habit, he means style. Everyone has their own style of art. It can be a pattern you find yourself following every time you make a new peice or even a theme like always using the color blue or how your art pieces all relate to nature. My style as an artist is making something that is realistic look fictional at the same time. In one of my pieces, I painted a girl who had paint splurging out of her mouth and paint coming from the other end. This is one example of a piece that seems to look realistic but put into a fictional setting or situation. "
3. "All art is auto biographical". Based on what you read what is your opinion.
- I believe that all art is biographical. No human being can ever be resistant to outside influences. Just like people are influence by surroundings and experiences, artists are influenced by other art work. People might call it copying or not being original but anything created by a person is there own. Spicing it up makes it your own.
- Respond automatically to the familiar and ur free to respond selectively to the unfamiliar"
- balance- making art helps achieve balance
- To see things is to enhance your own sense of wonder