I think the purpose of creating New Art film was to show people how there is a variety of "arts" and its not very traditional paining a scenery type of art. Its more about beautifying our surrounding even when they may not look so beautiful. I thought it was really cool how they utilized technology and sounds to make art. Also, most of the artists don't just do one type of art. They do a whole combination of spray paintings, photography, sculptures. They emphasize that there is no limit to art. I thought it was cool to see the artists working on their pieces and how most of them don't go back and erase or just call something garbage if it doesn't seem to look good in the process. They kind of just work with what they have until it looks nice to them. Art is more about creating something they like and choosing an audience that possibly will be interested in the same. Marketing correctly goes with choosing the right audience and making your piece memorable to those people.
- 50% making the work
- 50% about business
- Art is business
- Setting that didn't have any color in it, a spec of neon
- Working off of an idea
- Process driven art
- "Want my audience to question how I'm making what I'm making"
- In a perfect world everyone is an artist, enriches our lives time to beautify our surroundings
- Utilizing technology and sounds
- Freedom within that system
- Market correctly, audience
- Theres not one type of art they do, its a whole combination