- Get the measurements of my pieces for my glass frames so that they can be cut and shipped off.
- Make two more peices
- Test run the background for the wall
Monday, April 7, 2014
I visualized a black and white background. My pieces would look super clean on the wall in a glass frame. The background would be of black drops of what would appear to be tinted water. The drops would be very big, super percise and realistic. I want to try it out on a big piece of paper.
Friday, March 14, 2014
This week I was on a roll. I made three new pieces that I liked and enjoyed making. Before making these pieces, I felt as if I was stuck and didn't know what to make next. I knew that I had an idea/theme but realized that it was stopping me from making things I wanted to make. This week I let all hell loose and started making anything I wanted to make at the time and I really like the outcome. I'm excited to come back from break and continue to make more pieces that reflect my talents and the great habits that make me an artist.
Monday, March 3, 2014
Friday, February 14, 2014
Read the article and respond to the questions on your blog:
1. What is the difference between craft and art?
- The western definition of old craft means that it fits a specific template. One example is, all sketches must look realistic or all paintings must be of nature. There is never a 'challenge' when it comes to making a craft. It's like diving off a low board and finishing the race first. It's expected to finish the race first because you set yourself up for something easy. The Eastern definition of art is that it carries a certain tradition and is influenced by multiple peoples work. This also means that art carries a specific theme that was taken from another artist who created it.
- 2. What do the authors mean when they refer to artist habits as a style? What is your style as an artist?
- Everyone creates their own "habits" when making art. By habit, he means style. Everyone has their own style of art. It can be a pattern you find yourself following every time you make a new peice or even a theme like always using the color blue or how your art pieces all relate to nature. My style as an artist is making something that is realistic look fictional at the same time. In one of my pieces, I painted a girl who had paint splurging out of her mouth and paint coming from the other end. This is one example of a piece that seems to look realistic but put into a fictional setting or situation. "
3. "All art is auto biographical". Based on what you read what is your opinion.
- I believe that all art is biographical. No human being can ever be resistant to outside influences. Just like people are influence by surroundings and experiences, artists are influenced by other art work. People might call it copying or not being original but anything created by a person is there own. Spicing it up makes it your own.
- Respond automatically to the familiar and ur free to respond selectively to the unfamiliar"
- balance- making art helps achieve balance
- To see things is to enhance your own sense of wonder